Fisherman’s Cove offers family friendly events and ongoing programming. Check here for updates, event modifications and for full programming descriptions.
Family Fun Itineraries:
We know that it’s the experiences you have while camping that make for the best campfire stories. Here are some ideas to help create new family memories while camping at Fisherman’s Cove.
½ day adventure with the family
- We all scream for ice cream! The Huron-Kinloss Ice Cream Trail™ is a fun-filled photo scavenger hunt which takes participants to ice cream stops in Point Clark, Ripley and Lucknow.
- Paddle the Saugeen River. Launch from Walkerton or Paisley. Canoe and kayak rentals are available at Cowan Canoe or Thorncrest Outfitters.
- Mountain Bike the Bruce – Three nearby bike tracts (Brant, Kinloss & Carrick) all great for biking or hiking with a variety of levels available.
- Explore the Bruce Passport – From May until October, the Explore the Bruce Passport offers great ‘scavenger hunt’ day trips that will get your family exploring the area.
- Beach hop. Build a sand castle at Station Beach, Kincardine then head over to the Point Clark Lighthouse and museum and experience Lake Huron from a whole new elevation.
- Complete the Secrets of the Back 40 driving tour, which is a farm gate experience of 40 different farm businesses in Huron Kinloss. Sample and purchase fresh produce, flowers, experience pick your own opportunities and bring home local treats.
- Boat Tour of Chantry Island, Southampton. Guided boat tours will take you from Southampton, Ontario to Chantry island in Lake Huron where you’ll learn about a majestic Imperial Lighthouse built in mid 1800’s. Boat tours run late May to mid September. Advanced tickets reservations are required.
- Send the kids for crafts in the morning at the Fisherman’s Cove Rec Centre, rent a boat and see if you can catch Arthur McArthur.
Things to do within a 30-minute drive
- (13 min drive) Check out the Lucknow Lion’s Park- Located between the Lucknow sports complex the park features a splashpad, pavilion, volleyball court, greenspace, youth skatepark, pool and ball diamonds.
- (20 min drive) Head over to Family Fun Land (outside Kincardine) where the kids (and big adult kids) can race single, double or kiddie Go Karts. Dizzy thinking about this? Try their short mini golf course or whack a bucket of balls at their driving range. Call ahead for updated hours and pricing.
- (14 min drive) Hop over and enjoy Ripley’s Lewis Park which features accessible pathway, picnic pavilion, multi-play climbers, splash pad, full accessible family washroom and change room facilities.
- (2 min drive) to Blackhorse Golf and Country Resort which offers 9 or 18 hole rounds of golf, lessons, online tee time booking, practice range featuring all turf tees.
- (12 min drive) Armstrong’s Home Bakery in Lucknow. Tucked in downtown Lucknow this bakery is a local gem and hot spot in town. Grab the fam some tasty butter tarts, whoopee pies, sandwiches and bulk baking ingredients. Open daily 9am-7pm weekdays and 10-7pm Saturdays.
Rainy Day Activity Ideas
- With all the amenities at Fisherman’s Cove such as indoor pools, recreation halls, whirlpool, daily maintained beach and a recreation hall, you can enjoy the park in the sunshine or during rainy days. When you check in you will receive a calendar listing the activities planned during your stay and be sure to check back on our website events page for additional information.
- Holyrood General Store– this quirky corner country general store has been around for 30+ years and offers everything from Moose Tracks ice cream to straw hats. Treasures are hidden within this historic 1856 building which was once home to the community’s central post office. (6 minute drive from Fisherman’s Cove).
- Bowl away the rain at the Lucknow Bowl & Game Centre. Featuring several bowling lanes, arcade machines and carnival games. Call ahead for updated pricing and hours 519-528-3437.
- Victoria Jubilee Hall, Walkerton – offers theatre & musical performances throughout the year.
- Bruce County Museum, Southampton- rotating exhibits, archives and children’s zones.
- Bruce Power Visitors’ Centre, Tiverton Exhibition and tours of Bruce Power Nuclear Facility. (Please note, bus tours require advance booking and government issued ID).
- Kincardine Lighthouse and Museum, Kincardine
- Bluewater Summer Playhouse, Kincardine
- Kincardine Centre for the Arts, Kincardine
- Southampton Art Centre Art School and Gallery, Southampton